Ad Services Coordinator
Babcox Media Inc. (www.babcox.com), an Akron, Ohio-based B2B print, digital and video media company with concentration in the automotive aftermarket, powersports, performance, collision, commercial fleet, engine building and tire industries, is seeking an Ad Services Coordinator.
The Ad Services Coordinator is responsible for collecting and organizing the print advertising materials’ of our clients. This fast-paced, multi-tasking, customer service position works with the editorial team, art directors, digital property management and sales representatives to ensure client satisfaction and that our internal production deadlines are met. This is a full time salaried non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Builds and maintains relationships with Babcox Media clients, both internal and external;
- Processes ads – ensures that the ads are in the appropriate software program, contacts advertisers for materials, proof reads the ad;
- Provides support to internal stakeholders – editors, designers, ad sales and publishers;
- Maintains and updates customer database in Magazine Manager;
- Inserts – provides quotes for the sales representative/publisher; provides specs to the client; contacts other magazines for their specs, establishes delivery instructions and researches postal costs for insert to add to the quote, informs sales representative/publisher of total cost, mark up and space needed;
- Quotes special request print jobs and contacts appropriate printers whose presses best fit within the specs of the job;
- Production – checks the lineup and ensures that all sold ads are included, assists with the ‘dummy’ book build, collaborates with circulation to processes print order and creates ad index;
- Quality Control – ensures that the publication is proofed prior to sending to printer;
- Reprints – reprint quotes go to publisher, page layouts go to the designer, proofs go to the client, creates purchase order, prints and mails;
- Responsible for communication between team and the print customer service representative regarding print extensions and press availability.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Preferably, 3 years of proven advertising or marketing experience;
- Associate’s degree preferred, but not required. High School Diploma;
- Must be creative and innovative; problem solving skills are a must;
- Attention to detail is a must, with the ability to prioritize work;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and take up duties at short notice;
- Excellent customer service skills are a must;
- Excellent listening skills are a must;
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member;
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties;
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are required; experience in video is a plus.
Babcox Media offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as a creative work environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Babcox Media, Inc., to the attention of Barbara Kimbrew at [email protected]. No Phone calls please.