Random things we are reading, watching and writing about that can help you navigate your marketing journey:
- The first little league baseball team I coached in the ’80’s was assigned the burnt orange Astros baseball uniform. As Game 7 of the World Series wrapping up last night between the Astros and Nationals, this article explains the creative process and collaboration used by the ad agency and the team when they designed one of the most polarizing uniforms in baseball history. Love it or hate it, nobody ignored it
- Self-serving plug – BIG recorded its first podcast. The topic was facility targeting and geofencing. If you are planning your trade show budget for 2020, we should talk about how we can target attendees and your best prospects. Give it a listen on Spotify to learn more about this strategy (also available on Google Play, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, and Stitcher).
- Still one of the best marketing speeches ever. I watch this when I am in a creative rut. If you are unsure of the direction you want to take with your marketing message – think different. The late Steve Jobs delivers this epic monologue.
- I saw Tamsen Webster speak at #CMWorld and she presented the idea of giving your audience a “positive want”. Oftentimes, the goal of marketing is to encourage a change in behavior (buying a new product, signing up for a new service, etc.). Framing your goal in positive language gives an indication of what to do next, instead of just scolding someone about what not to do.
- Check out this list of 9 women who changed and influenced the automotive industry. It is inspiring to learn about their achievements against all odds.
Randy Loeser joined Babcox Media in 2013 as publisher of Tire Review and was later given additional responsibilities as the Director of Digital Media and Group Publisher of Engine Builder. In 2018, Randy transitioned into the role of Group Publisher of Content Services to provide creative and custom content solutions to our clients. Randy has worked for several national B2B publishers in a variety of roles, including publisher, business development, marketing and internet products management. Randy is a 1995 graduate of John Carroll University. Connect with Randy by email or call (330) 670-1234 ext. 285.
Kelsey Mayer joined Babcox Media in 2019 as Email Marketing Specialist and is now Digital Marketing & Audience Manager. She has a background in digital marketing, social media management, and event planning. Kelsey is a 2013 graduate of The Ohio State University. Connect with Kelsey on LinkedIn or by email.