In this edition of the BIG READ, Group Publisher Randy Loeser and Marketing Specialist Kelsey Mayer list the random things they are reading, watching, and writing about that can help you navigate your marketing journey.
Randy’s BIG Read suggestions:
• Podcasting is a long-term investment in storytelling and making your brand come to life. This article was in the latest issue of the Content Marketing Institutes e-newsletter. Check out the top tips for success.
• B2B marketers like Babcox have sold on impressions for years. This article shows the shift in ratings-based selling to impression-based selling by NBC.
• How do studios draw people into theaters to see their latest movie? By using the art of storytelling via the 2-minute movie trailer. This clip from the Sunday Today Show is about the company that producers over 100 movie trailers each year that get you in the seats before the main attraction.
Kelsey’s BIG Read suggestions:
• After attending Pam Didner’s presentation at CM World, I found her podcast, B2B Marketing and More. The episodes offer 7 minutes of digital, content marketing, and sales enablement advice. I went back and listened to her marketing takeaways from Lima, Peru and Machu Picchu (episodes 39 & 40). I love the way she connects her real-life experiences to marketing.
• This story of a tenacious 19-year-old entrepreneur who creates custom Airpod cases grabbed my attention. It’s a great example of seizing an opportunity and the power of consistent follow-up.
Do you want our enewsletter, filled with marketing tips, blog articles and ‘quick reads’ to help marketers think differently, delivered to your inbox? Subscribe here >>