In this edition of the BIG READ, Group Publisher Randy Loeser and Marketing Specialist Kelsey Mayer list the random things they are reading, watching, and writing about that can help you navigate your marketing journey.
Randy’s BIG Read suggestions:
• Podcasting is a long-term investment in storytelling and making your brand come to life. This article was in the latest issue of the Content Marketing Institutes e-newsletter. Check out the top tips for success.
• B2B marketers like Babcox have sold on impressions for years. This article shows the shift in ratings-based selling to impression-based selling by NBC.
• How do studios draw people into theaters to see their latest movie? By using the art of storytelling via the 2-minute movie trailer. This clip from the Sunday Today Show is about the company that producers over 100 movie trailers each year that get you in the seats before the main attraction.
Kelsey’s BIG Read suggestions:
• After attending Pam Didner’s presentation at CM World, I found her podcast, B2B Marketing and More. The episodes offer 7 minutes of digital, content marketing, and sales enablement advice. I went back and listened to her marketing takeaways from Lima, Peru and Machu Picchu (episodes 39 & 40). I love the way she connects her real-life experiences to marketing.
• This story of a tenacious 19-year-old entrepreneur who creates custom Airpod cases grabbed my attention. It’s a great example of seizing an opportunity and the power of consistent follow-up.
Randy Loeser joined Babcox Media in 2013 as publisher of Tire Review and was later given additional responsibilities as the Director of Digital Media and Group Publisher of Engine Builder. In 2018, Randy transitioned into the role of Group Publisher of Content Services to provide creative and custom content solutions to our clients. Randy has worked for several national B2B publishers in a variety of roles, including publisher, business development, marketing and internet products management. Randy is a 1995 graduate of John Carroll University. Connect with Randy by email or call (330) 670-1234 ext. 285.
Kelsey Mayer joined Babcox Media in 2019 as Email Marketing Specialist and is now Digital Marketing & Audience Manager. She has a background in digital marketing, social media management, and event planning. Kelsey is a 2013 graduate of The Ohio State University. Connect with Kelsey on LinkedIn, Twitter, or by email.
Do you want our enewsletter, filled with marketing tips, blog articles and ‘quick reads’ to help marketers think differently, delivered to your inbox? Subscribe here >>