At Babcox Media, we see email marketing as a smart (and cost-effective!) way to augment any short or long-term marketing initiative. Here are 5 reasons why we think you should include email in your next marketing campaign.
- Audience segmentation. We can pinpoint and deploy your message to the exact customers you want to reach, by geographical location, job title, sales volume, shop type, you name it.
- Bang for your buck. Studies show that for every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return on investment is $38, beating out every other marketing channel in terms of ROI. This is largely thanks to Reason #1—segmentation gives marketers the data and control to deliver highly personalized, relevant messaging that will drive click-throughs and conversions.
- Easy to measure. Performance is instantly calculable through email marketing software, making A/B testing a breeze. You can try out different content, images, and CTAs on various audiences and quickly quantify their responses, generating data that could be used to inform future marketing strategies.
- Big follow-up game. Emails make it easy to stay in direct contact with consumers at all moments of the sales funnel, strengthening your connection with returning customers and keeping your brand top of mind.
- Likability. A 2015 study conducted by MarketingSherpa found that over 70% of its 2,057 respondents preferred to receive promotional content via email over every other channel—including social media. Only 17% said they’d preferred to receive ads on their social platforms.
These are only a few of the many, many reasons why email marketing should feature prominently in your digital marketing strategy. It’s an easy, economical way to reach your audience and gather valuable intel on customer habits and preferences, which you can then leverage to craft advantageous messaging guaranteed to perform well.
Email remains an important tool in the toolbox when it comes to marketing our own brands here at Babcox. Using direct marketing best practices, we curate our content and audiences to maximize email performance—and we’d love to do the same for you and your brand. Check out our website to learn more about our direct marketing services or contact a Babcox rep to discuss how email can help you reach your marketing goals.
Maddy Leddy is a Digital Marketing Specialist at Babcox Media, focusing on direct marketing, content creation, and social media. A Shaker Heights native, she received her B.A. in English from Boston College and her M.A. in English from the University of Oxford.